Any Kid, Anywhere, Can Learn Any Skill
JAM produces online courses for kids about creative skills and careers of the future. We are looking for someone who is two parts videographer and one part editor to help bring our content to life.
In this role, you will help create videos that are both entertaining and instructional for kids ages 6 and up. You need to be passionate about the entire production process, from setting up studio shoots to file organization to editing. If you like working with top-down camera angles and displaying information creatively, then you will love this job. If you know how to add a solid dash of quirk, surprise, and delight to your videos, then we will love you.
- Oversee in-house studio and equipment operation/maintenance
- Act as director of photography for all film shoots, setting up lighting, camera & audio equipment
- Help build and set up backdrops for course shoots
- Collaborate with producers to help execute and enhance B-roll for course videos
- Assist in the organization of video files and assets on network server
- Edit short-form videos for JAM platform and social media pages as needed between shoots
- Work closely with our content team to launch new courses and revise existing courses
- Making videos that are simple, fun, and shareable
- Bringing infectious enthusiasm to video shoots
- Camera operation
- Sound, lighting and shoot set up
- Delivering videos on time and on budget
- Operating in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment
- Optimizing for mobile
- Adobe Premiere & Photoshop
- Experience working with Panasonic EVA1 and Sennheiser mics
Perks & Culture
- Our warehouse office is part maker space, part video studio, part playground (we have swings!) and a fun get-down-to-business workspace in the heart of the Mission in San Francisco.
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do!
- Team lunch every Friday and an assortment of office snacks.
- Monthly learning workshops (subjects are chosen and taught by us!)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, HSA/FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period.
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy.
JAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.