This job requires a portfolio that showcases professional web UI and marketing work. 3+ years of relevant industry experience required. No student submissions, please.
Any Kid, Anywhere, Can Learn Any Skill
JAM produces online courses for kids about creative skills and careers of the future. We are looking for a thoughtful and extremely talented visual designer to create effective and compelling marketing collateral and user interfaces.
As a designer at JAM you’ll have a large impact by converting our brand and creative direction into memorable email and digital ad campaigns, product marketing pages, and registration flows. You should be comfortable with autonomy and ownership of large projects. Ideal candidates find it natural to communicate visually, posses an elevated point of view, and are able to take feedback with a positive attitude.
- Interpret business requirements and oversee marketing design projects from concept to completion for on-time delivery.
- Manage stakeholders from marketing, content, community, and product teams to convert insights into solutions that work across the company.
- Maintain brand consistency across all marketing initiatives.
- Maintain a holistic understanding of the end-to-end customer journey and craft compelling experiences and flows from first ad impression to customer.
- Have a strong point of view and not be afraid to use it.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience designing for a consumer-facing company (ideally parent-focused or a subscription model).
- Experience designing for acquisition through email campaigns, web pages, registration flows, and ads with a focus on usability and cross-browser/platform compatibility.
- You get excited about hitting business goals through good design and love a good A/B test.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (can craft fun kid/parent-friendly copy).
- Portfolio with examples of campaigns and sites you’ve built and launched.
- Solid visual design foundation and an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, and Figma.
- Able to own all aspects of a design process from brainstorm to pixel perfect specs.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving.
- A cool temperament under tight deadlines and the ability to adapt quickly to new processes.
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses.
- A collaborative team player.
- You have digital illustration skills!
- You know enough HTML & CSS to code and deploy your own designs (emails specifically).
- Experience building websites with a CMS (Wordpress, Instapage, Squarespace, etc).
- Experience participating in and conducting usability studies.
- Experience working at a startup.
Perks & Culture
- Our warehouse office is part maker space, part video studio, part playground (we have swings!) and a fun get-down-to-business workspace in the heart of the Mission.
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do!
- Team lunch every Friday and an assortment of office snacks.
- Monthly learning workshops (subjects are chosen and taught by us!)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, and HSA/FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period.
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy.
JAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.