Any Kid, Anywhere, Can Learn Any Skill
JAM produces online courses for kids about creative skills and careers of the future. We are looking for someone who is equal parts videographer and editor to help bring our content to life.
In this role, you will create videos that are both entertaining and instructional for kids ages 6 and up. You must be an energetic self-starter who is passionate about the entire production process from writing scripts to editing videos to reviewing cuts. If you like making informative and inspiring content, then you will love this job. If you know how to add a solid dash of quirk, surprise, and delight to videos, then we will love you.
- Develop, write, and edit instructional videos for kids courses
- Research and recruit industry professionals to host course videos
- Oversee host outreach along with Production Assistant
- Visualize course scripts with B-roll and shot suggestions
- Plan video shoots, book freelance videographers, and acquire shoot/set materials as needed
- Direct talent and videographer during shoots
- Test iterations of video concepts to resolve any issues that may arise during production
- Review video edits with high attention to detail
- Collaborate with Senior Producer/Director on ways to update and enhance existing content
- Making videos that are simple, fun, and shareable
- Developing and writing engaging instructional content for kids
- Bringing infectious enthusiasm to video shoots
- Delivering videos on time and on budget
- Operating in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment
- Optimizing videos for mobile
- Owning projects from start to finish with little oversight
- Adobe Premiere & Photoshop
- Ability to operate a camera and shoot B-roll as needed
- Passion for DIY projects and creative experimentation
Perks & Culture
- Our warehouse office is part maker space, part video studio, part playground (we have swings!) and a fun get-down-to-business workspace in the heart of the Mission in San Francisco.
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do!
- Team lunch every Friday and an assortment of office snacks.
- Monthly learning workshops (subjects are chosen and taught by us!)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, HSA/FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period.
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy.
JAM is located in San Francisco, CA.
JAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.