Any Kid, Anywhere, Can Learn Any Skill
JAM produces online courses for kids about creative skills and careers of the future. We are looking for an energetic and eager production assistant to help with our course video shoots and edits.
In this role, you will help the content team create videos that are both entertaining and instructional for kids ages 6 and up. You need to be passionate about the entire production process from reaching out to talent, to setting up for shoots, to ingesting media files, to cutting A-roll and music. If you like wearing many production hats, then you will love this job. If you know how to add a solid dash of quirk, surprise, and delight to your work, then we will love you.
- Act as support for producers, editors, and videographer during the production process
- Research potential course hosts and facilitate outreach as needed
- Help build and set up backdrops for course shoots
- Assist videographer in set up of lights, props, and equipment
- Acquire materials and props needed for course shoots
- Ingest and organize video files and assets to prepare projects for edits
- Edit A-roll and select music tracks for course videos
- Research trending topics and activities for kids
- Organizing and multitasking
- Creative problem solving
- Adobe Premiere & Photoshop
- Sound, lighting, and shoot set up
- Nailing the pacing for audio cuts and music tracks
- Bringing infectious enthusiasm to video shoots
- Operating in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment
Perks & Culture
- Our warehouse office is part maker space, part video studio, part playground (we have swings!) and a fun get-down-to-business workspace in the heart of the Mission in San Francisco.
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do!
- Team lunch every Friday and an assortment of office snacks.
- Monthly learning workshops (subjects are chosen and taught by us!)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, HSA/FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period.
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy.
JAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.